Teacher: Miss Cook
Name: Miss Cook
Likes: Holidays, shopping and dogs
Dislikes: Spiders and scary films
Favourite film: Anything with a happy ending!
Favourite book: Harry Potter
Favourite food: Bruschetta and Pringles
Favourite subject: Maths and PE
If you weren’t a teacher what would you be & why? Anything that could combine working with children and travelling the world.
Who is your hero/heroine? Mrs Hinch - I love to organise!
Please take a look at our blog below to see what exciting things we have been up to in class.
If you have time, please leave us a comment - we love to see them!
Support staff: Miss Wilkinson, Mrs Hodgson and Miss Murphy
Our wonderful class
Class blog - take a look at what we have been up to!
Week 2 - The Colour Monster
Posted: Sep 21, 2020 by: admin on: 18/9/2020
This week we have introduced our story for the term. It is called 'The Colour Monster' (you can find it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6wIEp-M4tg). We have enjoyed reading the story together and listening to it on our listening station.
Here are some of the things we have been up to…
- Colour sorting activity (naming colours, comparing light and dark shades)
- Colour treasure hunt
- Mixing paint to make different colours
- Using collage materials to make feeling jars so that we can let people know how we are feeling, even if we don’t want to talk about it.
- Colouring in carefully to create a great display of the monsters
- Learning how to turn on, log on and access paint software on the laptops
- Relay activities in coloured teams (PE)
We even had time to have a special birthday party for Elsie!
Have a great weekend – let us know what you get up to in the comments below!
Documents to download