Equality Statement: Our Federation Commitment
Our schools are inclusive and uphold the belief that every child is extraordinary and deserves an exceptional education. We nurture whole-child personal development and well-being, and value the achievements and progress of every child.
We welcome the duties of the Equality Act 2010 and are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We believe that diversity is advantageous; to be respected and celebrated by all our Federation learners, employees and visitors.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all. Our aim is that everyone in our federation and school community are proud of their identity and feels empowered to participate fully in school life.
All schools are required by law to have Equality objectives. Our Equality Objectives are updated annually and formally evaluated every 4 years. Our objectives 2023-2027 are:
- Ensure that the school promotes role models and heroes that young people positively identify with, who reflect and broaden the school’s diversity in terms of race, gender and disability etc.
- To monitor and analyse pupil achievement to ensure that children are not disadvantaged by belonging to a protected group.
- Reinvigorate the school’s Personal Development (inc. SMSC & PSHE) policy and curriculum through review and school improvement strategy ensuring issues relating to equality are high profile across all aspects of school.
Our accessibility plan identifies how we continually seek to increase access to education for disabled pupils, their families and staff. Our accessibility plan is reviewed every 3 years by our Governing Body.
Equality Policy Portfolio - Can be found on ‘Policies’ page
- Equality Policy & Equality Objectives
- Accessibility Policy & Plan
- Personal Development Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour Policy & Principles
- SEND Policy
- Curriculum Statement
- Federation & School Values and Vision
- Exclusion Policy